Skip to main content

Be A Changer

Do you ever notice when you have a great idea, or think of something a bit daring, these voices come into your head to tell you why it is not a great idea. Maybe those voices include an overprotective family member, or some "realistic" friends, or just a representation of society in general. Or even worse, the voice is yours. Now we have this invisible audience to justify ourselves to, even before we do anything, and it slows us down, if not completely blocks us from trying to create the life we want. Often when I meet people who are actually criticizing me, their not telling my story, they're telling their own. They need to make excuses for why they couldn't do what they wanted, and dismiss anything I've done for myself. I no longer view these people as detractors, or enemies. I view them with compassion, and see it tragic that they haven't been able to break free from the invisible handcuffs they're wearing, and instead of devoting energy to build themselves up, they choose to tear others down. Even though I've been eliminating most of these types of people from my lives, they still exist in my head, and I have to be very careful not to give their words any value as I continue to take risks and explore life outside my comfort zone. I suggest you try the same. In doing so, you promote change. The topic of change can be quite daunting. The idea of becoming someone new, trying new things, stepping out of your field of view can be overwhelming for most. It was for me, and it continues to challenge me on a daily basis. But, that is what I like; a challenge. The thrill, adrenaline of the challenge acts as motivation. Motivation, passion and desire for more sparks change to avoid stagnation. Breaking the cycle can be good, and should be celebrated, because the ship that you are waiting for to sail may be the very ship that you need to build for yourself. It is like wasting time doting on what you cannot change. Your change, your attempt to change, should be celebrated. Do not let anyone make you feel guilty for the changes you are trying to make to improve your life. There is no template to life. All we have is now. Living to uphold the expectations of others just means you'll have a list of people to blame when life still doesn't feel fulfilled. Take control of your life, and live the best life you can. Let that example inspire those around you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog!  I have decided to make a personal blog site. This means that every blog that is posted here will be authentic to me. All thoughts and opinions are my own unless otherwise said. Some posts will be strongly opinionated. Others may cause some discomfort. I write in order to cause YOU to think. I want you to question what I post. I want you to think, feel and have an opinion.  I have been very busy in the writing scene. I am currently working on two novels. One is a collaborative novel and the other is my novel that I've been working on since November 2014. My solo novel will be released January 2017 for public viewing and purchase. The profits from sales will be donated to different organizations/families each month. I will keep you posted on more novel information as it becomes available. Also, I've been a reviewer for local shows and performances. I am excited to share those with you! Reviews will be posted on here within the wee

Good people, good energy.

         Being around good people with good energy is priority.        We have this hero complex where we think we're always the exception to the rule. We're not addicted to our phones, it is everyone else. The age of pointing fingers. We don't get influenced by advertising, that is everyone else. We are too smart, "woke", or whatever word we want to use to decorate our delusions.      A large one is assuming we can influence others, without them influencing us. We have great chemistry, horrible chemistry, and everything in between with people, but it is chemistry none the less, and no one walks away the same after we cross paths. There's no shortage of people who need support, we all do, but some of us haven't taken the very crucial first step: helping ourselves.         When you have good energy, you'll attract other good energy, but you'll also attract energy that's toxic. Everyone is worth helping, and even absorbing some of that toxic ener

Growing up or growing out?

You may outgrow people in your life, and people in your life may outgrow you. That's not tragic, that's normal. Growth is life. Before we divorce our friends, let's divorce the idea that it has to be all or nothing. We don't need to have people as only a "best friend" OR completely cut out of our lives. It's okay to have people in our lives that we can only enjoy in moderation. Plenty of my friends live lifestyles and have priorities that don't line up with mine, and that doesn't mean I have to delete them from my life, it just means I can enjoy them in small doses.  We do ourselves and others a disservice when we decide that our history is more important than our future. When we notice our paths heading away from each other, we clinch arms, and both of us fall off course. The only thing we can be promised in life is change, whether that's change for the better or worse, is something our attitudes can impact. I'm not going to mourn a fr